Monday, September 24, 2012

Roller Coaster

The last several months since I've posted to this blog (that nobody really sees besides me) have been such a roller coaster. You know how roller coasters have awesome parts, and then other parts that make your stomach feel like shit? That pretty much covers Val's life description since March-ish. Due to some of the decisions I've chosen to make this year, I've lost some very important things and gained some equally important things. It's funny how the process of "life balance" feels like chaos as it's happening, but feels so clear and calm after you cruise past the aftermath. I'm still on-board the cruise, but I can feel the fog clearing and see the clarity dead ahead. No icebergs. My life has always contained a fair amount of chaos, whether it was created by me (and who I am) or by others. As each "phase" of chaos works it's way through, I always magically end up with something very special in my hands, metaphorically speaking. I don't tend to think of myself as a person who lives with regrets. All of my actions have taught me a valuable lesson and I think I'll die a very wise old lady. But this time, I'll admit, I do regret something. I can't rewind time and be a better person in that moment, so all I can do at this point is to keep my promise.

In cheerier news, I got to meet some of the beautiful ladies in the Mom group I've been in for several years. It was wonderful! We did the 5k color run in Richmond, hung out and talked, went out to eat. How cool to connect with people you've only ever "known" online. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment